In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Root vegetable panzanella with black beans and cremini mushrooms
Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Warm oil brings the aroma of winter spices to life in our vegan panzanella, a cold-weather version of the Italian bread salad.
In your bag
- 3 organic carrots
- ½ pound organic turnips or other root vegetable
- Sun Basket winter spice blend (cinnamon - allspice - cloves - nutmeg)
- Sun Basket maple vinaigrette base (red wine vinegar - maple syrup)
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 650, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 660mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 89g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 26g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the root vegetables
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
- Scrub or peel the turnips; cut the turnips in half lengthwise, then cut each half into ½-inch wedges.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the vinaigrette
- Place the winter spice blend in a small heatproof bowl.
Make the croutons
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally.
Prep and cook the mushrooms; heat the beans
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Rinse the black beans.
Stir the beans into the pan and cook over medium heat until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the panzanella
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Working over a large bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, cut the fruit in half crosswise and separate each half into segments. Discard any seeds.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Tear the ciabatta.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the panzanella.