In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Rosemary-Dijon pork chops with chunky applesauce and broccoli rabe
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Classic American pork chops and applesauce get French flair with a rosemary and Dijon mustard glaze, making for a comforting paleo dinner.
In your bag
- 2 organic Cripps Pink or other apples
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket winter spice blend (cinnamon - allspice - cloves - nutmeg)
- ¾ pound organic broccoli rabe
- 2 sprigs organic fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sliced blanched almonds
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 610, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 48g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the applesauce
- Peel the apples, if desired; core and cut into ¼-inch pieces.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest 1 lemon and juice both lemons.] Set aside the zest for the broccoli rabe. The juice will be divided between the applesauce and the broccoli rabe.
Transfer the apples to a medium bowl; if desired, using a fork or masher, coarsely mash the apples. Cover to keep warm. Wipe out the pan.
While the apples cook, prepare the broccoli rabe.
Prep and blanch the broccoli rabe
- Trim the root ends from the broccoli rabe; cut the broccoli rabe into 1-inch pieces.
Toast the almonds; prep and cook the pork chops
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop enough leaves to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp].
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper. Rub the pork all over with the Dijon mustard and sprinkle with the chopped rosemary.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, turning frequently, until browned but still faintly pink within, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
While the pork chops cook, finish the broccoli rabe.
Finish the broccoli rabe
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the water for the apples.
- Strip the rosemary and parsley leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Practice their Humphrey Bogart impression.