Rosemary-Dijon pork chops with chunky applesauce and broccoli rabe
Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
35 – 50 Minutes
Classic American pork chops and applesauce get French flair with a rosemary and Dijon mustard glaze, making for a comforting paleo dinner.
In your bag
- 2 organic Cripps Pink or other apples
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket winter spice blend (cinnamon - allspice - cloves - nutmeg)
- ¾ pound organic broccoli rabe
- 2 sprigs organic fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sliced blanched almonds
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Make It Leaner
Use just half the almonds to shave off 20 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving. Toss the remaining almonds into a salad the next day for a healthy crunch.
Make It Ahead
The applesauce (Step 1) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the applesauce, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water to thin it if needed, as you proceed with Steps 2, 3, and 4.
Calories: 610, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 48g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
This recipe meets the American Diabetes Association Nutrition Guidlines