In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pan-roasted delicata squash with sage, white beans, and kale
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegan, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Vegan and gluten-free, this autumnal comfort meal boasts Tuscan-inspired ingredients that can be prepared in just one pan.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 delicata squash (about 1¼ pounds total)
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ pound chopped kale
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup walnuts
Calories 480, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 130mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 20g (71% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the squash
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Strip the sage leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the squash and cook, turning once, until tender and lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the squash to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
While the squash cooks, prepare the garlic, white beans, and lemon.
Prep and cook the white beans
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Juice the lemon.
Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaf. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and as many chile flakes as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the white beans cook, prepare the walnuts.
Prep the walnuts