Saigon beef sliders with carrot-cabbage slaw and avocado
20 – 30 Minutes
Our house-made lemongrass paste brings bold flavor to a few simple ingredients in our fast, finger-food-friendly version of banh mi, the classic Vietnamese sandwich.
- 3 scallions
- 10 ounces ground beef
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - turmeric - olive oil - salt)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 lime
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- ¼ pound shredded cabbage
- 1 avocado
- 6 slider buns
For easier handling, in Step 1, refrigerate the ground beef mixture for 5 to 10 minutes before shaping. You can also lightly grease your hands with oil instead of water when forming the patties.
Make the burgers
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions. Set aside half for the slaw.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the carrot-cabbage slaw.
Make the carrot-cabbage slaw
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop half the cilantro; strip the leaves from the remaining stems and set aside for garnish.
Prep the avocado; toast the buns
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Assemble the sliders
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 950mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Milk, soy, wheat, eggs (all in buns), fish.