In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Saigon beef sliders with carrot-cabbage slaw
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
Our house-made lemongrass paste brings bold flavor to a few simple ingredients in our fast, finger-food-friendly version of banh mi, the classic Vietnamese sandwich.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (optional)
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- ¼ pound organic shredded cabbage
- 6 slider buns
- Sun Basket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
Calories: 790, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 850mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions. Set aside half for the slaw.
Cook the patties
While the patties cook, prepare the slaw.
Make the carrot-cabbage slaw
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop half the cilantro. Remove any coarse stems from the remaining cilantro sprigs; set aside the leaves for garnish.
Toast the buns
Assemble the sliders
- Juice the lime.
- Remove the coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
- Top the sliders with guacamole and cilantro.
"Loved the lemongrass in the beef. The flavors were perfect." — Sun Basket customer Rebecca J.