In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Saigon chicken vermicelli bowls with pickled carrots and nuoc cham dressing
Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Bún (vermicelli rice noodles) and gà nướng (grilled chicken) team up with a third Vietnamese staple, tương đen (hoisin) for a delicious 20-minute meal.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket hoisin marinade (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 organic lime
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic Thai (or Italian) basil
- Sunbasket nuoc cham base (fish sauce - fresh garlic - coconut sugar)
- 5 ounces organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 710, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 970mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 84g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: (molasses, coconut sugar): 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook the vermicelli rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the rest of the meal.
Pickle the carrots
- Juice the lime. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for the nuoc cham dressing.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the garnishes and dressing.
Prep the garnishes and nuoc cham dressing
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the pickled carrots.
- Crush the cashews.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Stir the nuoc cham dressing.