In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Saigon noodle bowls with braised tofu and cucumber-radish salad
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
This refreshing meal comes together quickly with your choice of protein, fast-cooking gluten-free rice noodles, and a crisp salad garnish.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Saigon noodle dressing (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories: 620, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the scallion oil
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Cook the rice noodles
Prep and cook your protein
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Make the cucumber-radish salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into enough ½-inch pieces to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Thinly slice the whole radishes or cut the radishes in half and then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Stir the scallions, salt, and sugar.
- Time the noodles.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.