In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Saigon noodle bowls with braised tofu and cucumber-radish salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
This refreshing meal comes together quickly with your choice of protein, fast-cooking gluten-free rice noodles, and a crisp salad garnish.
In your bag
- 8 ounces Hodo organic braised tofu
- 3 organic scallions
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Saigon noodle dressing (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories 620, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 81g (29% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 28g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the scallion oil
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Cook the rice noodles
Prep and cook your protein
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Make the cucumber-radish salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into enough ½-inch pieces to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Thinly slice the whole radishes or cut the radishes in half and then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Stir the scallions, salt, and sugar.
- Time the noodles.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.