In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salisbury-style turkey patties with porcini gravy and roasted vegetables
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Remember the Salisbury steak TV dinner? We’ve remade this old American classic with patties smothered in a rich mushroom gravy and served with rice to sop up all the goodness.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup panko
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sunbasket mushroom gravy base (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
Calories 630, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 40g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1 cup [1½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep and roast the vegetables
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 2-inch lengths.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the green beans and carrot with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the patties.
Make the patties
- Peel and finely chop the onion; set aside half for the gravy.
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine your protein, egg, panko, and half the onion. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties.
Turkey or chicken: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Beef, lamb, pork, or plant-based Impossible Burger: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Make the porcini gravy
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the mushroom gravy base and 1 cup [2 cups] water to form a slurry.
In the same pan used for the patties, stir in the mushrooms and remaining onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir the mushroom gravy slurry to recombine, then add the slurry and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the patties and cook, spooning the gravy over them, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season the gravy to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice, roasted vegetables, and patties to individual plates. Spoon the porcini gravy over the patties and serve.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Drizzle the vegetables with oil and season.
- Divide the chopped onion in half.
- Stir the mushroom gravy slurry.