In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salisbury-style turkey patties with porcini gravy and roasted vegetables
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Remember Salisbury steak TV dinners? Re-create the old American classic with turkey patties smothered in a rich porcini mushroom gravy and rice to sop up the homemade goodness.
In your bag
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup panko
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sunbasket mushroom gravy base (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
Calories: 630, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 150mg (50% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1 cup [1½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep and roast the vegetables; soak the mushrooms
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the green beans into 2-inch lengths.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
On a sheet pan, toss the green beans and carrot with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, cover the porcini mushrooms with 1 cup [2 cups] very hot tap water and let soak until softened, 10 to 15 minutes. While the vegetables are roasting and the mushrooms are soaking, prepare the turkey patties.
Make the patties
- Peel and finely chop the onion; set aside half for the gravy.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, panko, and half the onion. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Make the porcini gravy
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid. Coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the mushroom gravy base and 1 cup [2 cups] reserved soaking liquid to form a slurry.
In the same pan used for the patties, stir in the remaining onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir the mushroom gravy slurry to recombine, then add the slurry and mushrooms and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the turkey patties and cook, spooning the gravy over them, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the rice, roasted vegetables, and turkey patties to individual plates. Spoon the porcini gravy over the patties and serve.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and season.
- Divide the chopped onion in half.
- Stir the mushroom gravy slurry.