In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon and braised fennel with charred orange and green goddess dressing
Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Requiring just one pan, this southern Italian–inspired meal incorporates aromatic versions of some of our favorite ingredients for a clean, paleo dinner. This recipe was selected in partnership with the Type 1 diabetes nonprofit organization Beyond Type 1.**
In your bag
- 1 orange
- 1 fennel bulb with stalk and fronds
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket paleo green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy - fresh garlic - salt)
Calories: 480, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Zest and juice half the orange. Cut half (including peel) into ¼-inch-thick slices, then cut each slice into quarters.
- Cut the fennel bulb lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the fennel fronds from the stalk; coarsely chop the fronds. Divide into two equal portions, one for the vegetables and one for garnish.
- Peel and cut the yellow onion into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
Char the orange slices
Cook the fennel and fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
**Beyond Type 1 (beyondtype1.org) is a new brand of philanthropy, changing what it means to live with Type 1 diabetes by educating the global community as well as providing resources and support for those living with Type 1.