In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon and orecchiette with broccoli and roasted red pepper ajvar
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Pescatarian, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Some call ajvar the “pepper caviar of the Balkans.” And we can totally see why. Made from a magnificent blend of eggplant, roasted red peppers, and sweet smoked paprika, it brings a luxuriously rich mouthfeel to this pasta dish.
In your bag
- 5 ounces orecchiette
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - tail-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - center-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sunbasket ajvar sauce base (eggplant - roasted red peppers - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - garlic - kosher salt - sweet smoked paprika - black pepper)
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1½ ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 690, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 62g (23% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orecchiette
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the orecchiette and cook until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain the orecchiette, reserving ¼ cup [½ cup] pasta cooking water. While the water is heating and the orecchiette is cooking, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the vegetables and sauce; finish the pasta
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
In the same pan used for the fish, if dry, add 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the broccoli, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in the ajvar sauce base, sherry vinegar, spinach, and reserved pasta cooking water and cook until the spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the orecchiette and cook until heated through and the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer the fish, orecchiette, and sauce to individual plates and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the orecchiette.
- Measure the oil for the fish.
- Time the cooking.