In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Citrusy quinoa bowls with salmon and wilted greens
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Summertime in a bowl. We combine greens, quinoa, salmon, and a citrus dressing for a 20-minute meal you’ll want to pack for lunch the next day, too.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket creamy citrus dressing (paleo mayo - orange juice - lemon juice - scallions)
Calories 590, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 44g (16% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 40g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Quick-pickle the celery
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
Cook the kale and chickpeas
- Rinse the chickpeas; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs; set aside the cilantro for garnish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Rinse the chickpeas and pat dry.
- Remove the coarse stems from the cilantro.
- Drizzle the quinoa bowls with the dressing.
- Garnish with the cilantro.