In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon and summer squash in parchment with Mediterranean farro salad
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
In this Williams Sonoma collaboration, we quickly bake fish and vegetables in parchment packages, which are unwrapped like gift boxes at the table.
In your bag
- ½ cup farro
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skinless Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories: 490, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the farro
In a medium sauce pot, combine the farro and 1½ cups [3 cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the grains are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain, return to the pot, and set aside.
While the farro cooks, prepare the squash and fish.
Prep the squash
- Cut the squash crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
Assemble the parchment packets
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut half the lemon crosswise into 4 rounds; juice the remaining half and set aside for the farro salad. [Cut 1 lemon crosswise into 8 rounds; juice 1 lemon.]
Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
While the fish cooks, prepare the farro salad.
Make the farro salad
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the water for the farro.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the farro salad.