In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lettuce-wrapped salmon burgers with cucumber-kimchi smash
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Sesame seeds form a crunchy crust for these quick Asian-inspired salmon burger lettuce wraps, topped with a tangy ginger relish and served with cucumber smash.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, avoid using salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 ounces kimchi
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 salmon burgers (about ¼ pound each) (wild salmon - scallions - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- 1 organic mango
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon shichimi togarashi
Calories 390, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Smash the cucumber
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Coarsely chop the kimchi.
Make the ginger-scallion relish
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate.
Cook the salmon burgers
- Pat the salmon burgers dry with a paper towel.
While the salmon burgers cook, prepare the lettuce and mango.
Prep the lettuce; finish the cucumber smash and burgers
- Trim the root end from the butter lettuce; remove 2  of the largest outer leaves for the burgers and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit. Cut the fruit into 1-inch chunks.
On a plate, spread the sesame seeds and shichimi togarashi in an even layer. Press the salmon burgers into the sesame seed mixture, coating both sides.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Smash the cucumber.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Spread the sesame seeds and shichimi togarashi on a plate.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.