In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon burgers with olive tapenade and fennel-orange salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
Top these burgers with a few fennel slices for an extra-bright crunch to balance the richness of the salmon and olives.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic fennel bulb (about 5 ounces)
- 2 salmon burgers (about ¼ pound each) (wild salmon - scallions - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 2 whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket Dijon mayo (Dijon mustard - paleo mayo)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 780, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 50mg (17% DV), Sodium 1290mg (56% DV), Total Carb. 77g (28% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 40g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Make the olive tapenade
- Finely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
Prep the orange and fennel
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Working over a medium bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, cut the fruit in half crosswise and separate each half into segments. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; thinly slice the quarters lengthwise. Set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] fennel slices for the burgers.
Cook the salmon burgers
- Pat the salmon burgers dry with a paper towel.
While the burgers cook, finish the fennel-orange salad.
Finish the fennel-orange salad
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Toast the buns
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Stir the olive tapenade.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the salad.
Crazy good. Since we don’t normally eat burgers as pescatarians, this was a big treat. — Sunbasket customer Trisha J.