In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon cakes with tahini goddess dressing and celery-radish salad
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Calling all seafood lovers! These paleo, gluten-free cakes are great with either salmon or shrimp mixed with a pinch of parsley, a dash of Dijon mustard, and a touch of onion.
In your bag
- 1 organic egg
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1½ tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket tahini goddess dressing (tahini paste - scallions - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
Calories: 430, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the cake mixture
- Working over 1 medium and 1 small bowl, crack the egg and separate the white and yolk, carefully dropping the white into the medium bowl and the yolk into the small bowl. Save the yolk for another use. [Separate both eggs; save both yolks for another use.] Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat the egg white until frothy.
- Peel the onion; thinly slice half and set aside for the salad. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ½ cup. [Peel and thinly slice 1 onion; finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure 1 cup.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; set aside half the leaves for the salad. Coarsely chop the remaining leaves.
- Pat the seafood dry with a paper towel. (If using skin-on salmon, remove and discard the skin. If using jumbo shrimp, remove and discard the tails.) Coarsely chop the seafood.
To the bowl with the egg white, add the chopped onion, chopped parsley, flaxseed meal, and mustard, season generously with salt and pepper, and stir until blended. Add the seafood and stir until just combined. Cover and refrigerate, about 10 minutes, until ready to cook (see Chef’s Tip).
Make the celery-radish salad
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
In a medium bowl, toss together the celery, radishes, sliced onion, remaining parsley leaves, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Shape and cook the cakes
Using wet hands, form the seafood mixture into four [eight] ¾-inch-thick patties.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the cakes and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Transfer the cakes and celery-radish salad to individual plates and drizzle the cakes with half the tahini goddess dressing. Serve the remaining dressing and lemon wedges on the side.
- Measure the chopped onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Drizzle the tahini goddess dressing.