In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon cakes with celery salad and tahini goddess dressing
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Paleo
2 Servings, 330 Calories/Serving
Blending our favorite flavors, we serve these from-scratch salmon cakes with a crisp celery-radish salad and drizzle the cakes with our tahini goddess dressing. What’s not to like?
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic egg
- 2 salmon burgers (about ¼ pound each) (wild salmon - scallions - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket tahini goddess dressing (tahini paste - scallions - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
Calories: 330, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 630mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the salmon cake mixture
- Peel the onion; thinly slice half [¾ cup] for the salad. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Crack the egg into a small bowl. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- Pat the salmon burgers dry with a paper towel. Crumble the burgers into a medium bowl.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; set aside half the leaves for the salad. Coarsely chop the remaining leaves.
Make the celery salad
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Shape and cook the salmon cakes
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the salmon cakes and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Measure the chopped onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Drizzle the tahini goddess dressing.