Salmon cakes with celery salad and tahini goddess dressing
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
Blending our favorite flavors, we serve these from-scratch salmon cakes with a crisp celery-radish salad and drizzle the cakes with our tahini goddess dressing. What’s not to like?
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic egg
- 2 salmon burgers (about ¼ pound each) (wild salmon - scallions - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket tahini goddess dressing (tahini paste - scallions - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
If you refrigerate the salmon mixture for about 10 minutes before forming the cakes, the cakes will hold together better.
Make It Leaner
In Step 2, skip the oil in the celery salad and you’ll shave off 40 calories and 4.5 grams of fat per serving.
Calories: 330, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 630mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
This recipe meets the American Diabetes Association Nutrition Guidlines