In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon cakes with celery salad and tahini goddess dressing
Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 330 Calories/Serving
Blending our favorite flavors, we serve these from-scratch salmon cakes with a crisp celery-radish salad and drizzle the cakes with our tahini goddess dressing. What’s not to like?
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic egg
- 2 salmon burgers (about ¼ pound each) (wild salmon - scallions - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket tahini goddess dressing (tahini paste - scallions - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
If you refrigerate the salmon mixture for about 10 minutes before forming the cakes, the cakes will hold together better.
Make It Leaner
In Step 2, skip the oil in the celery salad and you’ll shave off 40 calories and 4.5 grams of fat per serving.
Calories: 330, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 630mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the salmon cake mixture
- Peel the onion; thinly slice half [¾ cup] for the salad. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Crack the egg into a small bowl. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- Pat the salmon burgers dry with a paper towel. Crumble the burgers into a medium bowl.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; set aside half the leaves for the salad. Coarsely chop the remaining leaves.
Make the celery salad
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Shape and cook the salmon cakes
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the salmon cakes and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Measure the chopped onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Drizzle the tahini goddess dressing.