In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon cakes with tahini goddess dressing and celery-radish salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Calling all seafood lovers! These delicate cakes are where it’s at. What makes them so good? The best quality salmon or shrimp to start (your choice). Then it’s a touch of onion, a pinch of parsley, and a dash of Dijon mustard.
In your bag
- 1 organic egg
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Seafood options:
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands salmon fillets - tail-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands salmon fillets - center-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1½ tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket tahini goddess dressing (tahini - scallions - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
Calories 460, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 510mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the seafood cake mixture
- Working over 1 medium and 1 small bowl, crack the egg and separate the white and yolk, carefully dropping the white into the medium bowl and the yolk into the small bowl. Save the yolk for another use. [Separate both eggs; save both yolks for another use.] Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat the egg white until frothy.
- Peel the onion; thinly slice half and set aside for the salad. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ½ cup. [Peel and thinly slice 1 onion; finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure 1 cup.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; set aside half the leaves for the salad. Coarsely chop the remaining leaves.
- Pat the seafood dry with a paper towel. (If using jumbo shrimp, remove and discard the tails.) Finely chop the seafood.
To the bowl with the egg white, add the chopped onion, chopped parsley, flaxseed meal, and mustard. Season generously with salt and pepper and stir until blended. Add the seafood and stir until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes before shaping and cooking the seafood cakes. While the mixture is chilling, prepare the salad.
Make the celery-radish salad
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon and cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
In a medium bowl, toss together the celery, radishes, as much sliced onion as you like, remaining parsley leaves, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Shape and cook the seafood cakes
Using wet hands, form the seafood mixture into four [eight] ¾-inch-thick patties.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Transfer the seafood cakes and celery-radish salad to individual plates and drizzle the cakes with half the tahini goddess dressing. Serve the remaining dressing and lemon wedges on the side.
- Measure the chopped onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Drizzle the tahini goddess dressing.