In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon chermoula with cucumber salad and preserved lemon-couscous
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
This delicious recipe is our tribute to Paula Wolfert’s seminal book Couscous and Other Good Food from Morocco, the first major English-language Moroccan cookbook ever published. It introduced Americans to Moroccan staples we now take for granted, including preserved lemons and chermoula, a bright, herbal sauce traditionally served with fish.
In your bag
- Preserved lemon
- ½ cup couscous
- 3 Persian cucumbers
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- Chermoula spice blend (coriander - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- Two 6-ounce skin-on wild Yukon River salmon fillets
Nutrition per serving
Calories 470, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 490mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 2g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Fish, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel. Set aside half for the chermoula.
While the couscous cooks, prepare the cucumber salad.
Make the cucumber salad
- Trim the ends from the cucumbers; cut the cucumbers into quarters lengthwise, then cut the quarters into 2-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside the zest and two-thirds of the juice for the chermoula.
Make the chermoula
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
Cook the salmon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.