In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon in parchment with shiitakes and mango-cucumber salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Cooking in parchment seals in flavor and makes for tender, moist fish. A sweet mango-cucumber salad rounds out this Asian-inspired paleo dinner.
In your bag
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 lime
- Seasoning base (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - sesame oil)
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 3 scallions
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as basil
- 1 cucumber (see Market Watch note)
- 1 firm or ripe mango
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories 450, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Soak the mushrooms
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Juice the lime; set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for the mango-cucumber salad.
While the mushrooms soak, start preparing the parchment packets.
Assemble the parchment packets
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions. Cut 2 scallions in half crosswise for the salmon; thinly slice the remaining scallion on the diagonal for garnish. [Cut 4 scallions in half crosswise for the salmon; thinly slice the remaining 2 scallions for garnish.]
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid. Discard the stems and coarsely chop the mushroom caps.
Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
While the packets bake, prepare the mango-cucumber salad.
Make the mango-cucumber salad
- If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the top and bottom of the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh into two halves away from the pit. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the seasoning and mushrooms.
- Toss the mango-cucumber salad.
- Garnish with the cilantro and scallions.