In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Speedy salmon lettuce cups with North African chermoula
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
North Africa’s answer to pesto, chermoula adds a bright, herby boost to these quick and easy gluten-free salmon and black bean lettuce cups.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 organic watermelon radish
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- Sunbasket green chermoula (EVOO - fresh parsley - fresh lime juice - fresh cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 500, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 23g (8% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 40g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the salmon or halibut generously with salt and pepper, the trout lightly.
While the fish cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Warm the beans; make the salad
- Rinse the black beans.
- Peel the watermelon radish and trim the ends; cut the radish in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Trim the root end from the romaine; separate the leaves.
To the bowl with the fish, add the beans, watermelon radish, bell pepper, and half the green chermoula and gently toss to coat (set aside the remaining chermoula for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the bell pepper.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Toss the salad.
- Help assemble the lettuce cups.