In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon tacos with cabbage slaw, salsa roja, and chipotle yogurt
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Our spin on the Southern California classic replaces the typical fried fish and mayo-drenched slaw with sautéed fish and a kick from chipotle Greek yogurt.
- In your bag
- Fish options:
- Wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets
- Sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets
- Wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets
- Wild skin-on snapper fillets
- Organic lime
- Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
- Organic shredded cabbage
- Organic shredded carrots
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sunbasket salsa roja (fire roasted tomatoes - lime juice - onion - garlic - salt - cilantro)
- Sunbasket spicy chipotle yogurt (Greek yogurt - chipotle chile powder - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 680, Total Fat 26g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 880mg (37% DV), Total Carb. 61g (20% DV), Fiber 6g (24% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 50g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For salmon (skin-on): Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For salmon (skinless): Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn over and cook until flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes.
For halibut: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and cook until flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn over and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Using a fork, flake the fish into bite-size pieces. While the fish is cooking, prepare the lime and warm the tortillas.
Prep the toppings; warm the tortillas
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the carrots, cabbage, and cider vinegar. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.