In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with chile-lime sauce and citrus-cabbage slaw
Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Sweet orange and crunchy cabbage perfectly offset the umami-rich sauce in this paleo-friendly, Thai-inspired seafood dinner.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sun Basket chile-lime sauce base (maple syrup - fresh lime juice - fish sauce)
- 1 organic orange
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sun Basket slaw dressing base (maple syrup - red wine vinegar - fresh ginger)
- ½ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
Calories: 550, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 9g (18% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the chile-lime sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
Make the slaw
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; working over a medium bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, cut the fruit in half crosswise and separate each half into segments. Discard any seeds.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Crush the cashews.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the slaw.