In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with chimichurri and warm apple-cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Apples, cabbage, and fennel seeds join forces for a wonderful autumnal side dish in this speedy pan-roasted fish dish.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably farmed rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic Gala or other apples
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- 6 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Sunbasket chimichurri (EVOO - fresh parsley - red wine vinegar - fresh cilantro - fresh garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 560, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 25g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the salmon or halibut generously with salt and pepper, the trout lightly.
While the fish cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the apple-cabbage slaw
- Cut the apples lengthwise into quarters and cut away the cores; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Strip the basil and tarragon leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Strip the basil and tarragon leaves.
- Smear the chimichurri on plates.
- Garnish with the basil and tarragon.