In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with chimichurri and warm apple-cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Apples, cabbage, and fennel seeds join forces for a wonderful autumnal side dish in this speedy pan-roasted fish dish.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably farmed rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic Gala or other apples
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- 6 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Sunbasket chimichurri (EVOO - fresh parsley - red wine vinegar - fresh cilantro - fresh garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories: 560, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 320mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 25g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the salmon or halibut generously with salt and pepper, the trout lightly.
While the fish cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the apple-cabbage slaw
- Cut the apples lengthwise into quarters and cut away the cores; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Strip the basil and tarragon leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Strip the basil and tarragon leaves.
- Smear the chimichurri on plates.
- Garnish with the basil and tarragon.