In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with cilantro-lime sauce and pear-cashew salad
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
A tropical-inspired take on Waldorf salad provides a refreshing contrast for lean seafood in this one-pan paleo dinner.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅓ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 8 to 10 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lime
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about 2 ounces total)
- 2 organic Asian or other pears
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ ounce roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
Calories: 420, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 160mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cilantro-lime sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Finely chop half the cilantro; coarsely chop the remaining half for the salad.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the salad.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the pears lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; thinly slice the fruit.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lime.
- Stir together the cilantro-lime sauce.
- Stir together the salad.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.