In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with “creamy” citrus dressing and stone fruit salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
A caramelized, quick-charred stone fruit salad makes for a summery side dish alongside omega-3-rich salmon.
In your bag
- 2 organic peaches or other stone fruit
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 6 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket “creamy” citrus dressing (paleo mayo - orange juice - lemon juice - scallions)
Calories 480, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 260mg (11% DV), Total Carb. 28g (10% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 21g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the salad ingredients
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits.
- Cut the radishes lengthwise into quarters.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 2-inch pieces.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Cook and assemble the stone fruit salad
In the same pan over high heat, warm 1 teaspoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the radishes and scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred and just softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl to cool slightly. Add the peaches and season to taste with salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan.
While the salad cooks, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper. In the same pan used for the salad, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the fish (skin side down for the salmon) and cook until lightly browned (and the salmon skin is crisp), 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
For the scallops:
Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt. In the same pan used for the salad, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a plate.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Spoon the dressing on the seafood.
- Garnish with the mint.