In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with eggplant paprikash
Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Hungary’s popular dish gets big flavor from its namesake spice, sweet paprika. We lighten it up with fish for a fresh and easy paleo meal.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅓ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic Asian eggplant
- 1½ tablespoons sweet paprika
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 1 organic lemon
Calories: 460, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes.
Start the eggplant paprikash
While the eggplant cooks, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the salmon or halibut with salt, if desired, and pepper; season the trout lightly with salt.
When the fish is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes; finish the dish
- Strip the parsley and basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves, if desired.
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the water for the paprikash.
- Time the fish.
- Strip the parsley and basil leaves.
- Garnish the dish with lemon.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.