In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with escarole, dates, and apple relish
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Dates bring out the subtle sweetness of escarole to complement fish for a paleo dinner that’s great for entertaining.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 head organic escarole or other chicory lettuce
- 1½ ounces Medjool dates (with pits)
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 530, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 24g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the escarole
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root end from the escarole; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; coarsely chop the fruit.
Add the dates and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the escarole is wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the pan.
While the escarole cooks, prepare the apple relish.
Make the apple relish
- Peel the apple, if desired. Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ¼-inch cubes.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the salmon or halibut generously with salt and pepper, the trout lightly.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Pull the dates away from their pits.
- Measure the water for the escarole.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the apple relish.