In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with garlic pesto, lentils, and Provençal-style vegetables
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Pesto isn’t just for pasta. Here we slather it onto savory salmon and bake the fish until flaky and tender inside.
In your bag
- Protein options:
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup roasted garlic pesto (garlic - canola oil - Parmesan cheese [milk - cheese cultures - salt - enzymes] - water - parsley - salt - sugar - spices - xanthan gum - nisin)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic yellow squash or zucchini
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 1 ounce shallot-garlic confit
- ½ pound cooked green lentils
Calories 610, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 720mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook your protein
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; rub with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Place the fish on a sheet pan and spread the roasted garlic pesto over the top. Roast until the fish is opaque and flaky, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; rub with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken on a sheet pan and roast for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken, spread with the roasted garlic pesto, and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
When your protein is almost finished, make the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the zucchini and yellow squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Arrange the zucchini and squash in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and shallot-garlic confit and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
Meanwhile, cook the lentils.
Cook the lentils
Place the lentils in a medium frying pan, cover, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the vegetables, lentils, and your protein to individual plates and serve.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
- Time the cooking.
- Set the table.