Salmon with garlic pesto, lentils, and Provençal-style vegetables

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Salmon with garlic pesto, lentils, and Provençal-style vegetables

New

Salmon with garlic pesto, lentils, and Provençal-style vegetables

Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving

20–35 Minutes

Pesto isn’t just for pasta. Here we slather it onto savory salmon and bake the fish until flaky and tender inside. 

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • Protein options:
  • 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
  • 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
  • ¼ cup roasted garlic pesto
  • 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
  • 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
  • 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or other basil
  • 1 ounce shallot-garlic confit
  • ½ pound cooked green lentils

Nutrition per serving

Calories 610, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 720mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.

Instructions

2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use

1

Prep and cook your protein

Heat the oven to 425°F. 

 

Fish:

Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; rub with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.

 

Place the fish on a sheet pan and spread the roasted garlic pesto over the top. Roast until the fish is opaque and flaky, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. 

 

Chicken:

Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; rub with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season generously with salt and pepper.

 

Place the chicken on a sheet pan and roast for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken, spread with the roasted garlic pesto, and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate. 

 

When your protein is almost done, make the vegetables.

2

Prep and cook the vegetables

  • Cut the zucchini and yellow squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
  • Cut the tomatoes in half.
  • Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.

In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Arrange the zucchini and squash in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and shallot-garlic confit and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Meanwhile, cook the lentils.

3

Cook the lentils

Place the lentils in a medium frying pan, cover, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 

Serve

Transfer the vegetables, lentils, and your protein to individual plates and serve.

Kids Can!
  • Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
  • Time the cooking.
  • Set the table.