In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with green romesco and apple–poppy seed salad
Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
A bright apple-radish salad, speckled with poppy seeds, balances out the richness of the green romesco in this simple seafood dish.
In your bag
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 lemon
- ¼ pound watermelon radishes (see Market Watch note)
- 1 apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Green or red fresh chile (such as jalapeño or serrano) (optional)
- 1½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 ounces shredded carrots (see Market Watch note)
- Sunbasket green romesco (mild green chiles - roasted pumpkin seeds - olive oil - sherry vinegar - cilantro - fresh garlic - salt)
Calories: 500, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the apple–poppy seed salad.
Make the apple–poppy seed salad
- Juice half the lemon; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
- Scrub or peel the watermelon radishes and trim off the ends; thinly slice the radishes crosswise.
- Cut the apple into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into thin slices, then cut the slices into matchsticks.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using the fresh chile, cut in half lengthwise and remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; cut the chile crosswise into thin half-moons. Wash your hands after handling.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir together the salad dressing.
- Spread the romesco on the plates.