In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with horseradish-mustard crust and squash salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Slather zesty horseradish and Dijon mustard on salmon for a delicious punch of flavor that only this duo can muster.
In your bag
- 1 organic delicata or other squash (about ¾ pound)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup panko
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
Calories 620, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 46g (17% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the squash
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash (if using peeled and cubed butternut, no need to prep). Cut the delicata squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the squash with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring once halfway through, until the squash is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the fish.
Prep and roast the fish
- In a small bowl, stir together the horseradish and Dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, combine the panko, dried dill, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spread the horseradish-mustard mixture over the skinless top of the fish then gently press the coated side into the panko mixture.
Transfer the fish, coated side up, to another sheet pan. Roast until the panko starts to brown and the fish is opaque and flaky, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Core and thinly slice the pear.
In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the roasted squash, pear, and dried cherries and gently toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fish and delicata squash salad to individual plates and serve.
- Scoop out the squash seeds.
- Drizzle the squash with oil and season.
- Stir the horseradish and mustard.
- Combine the panko, dill, and oil.
- Stir the vinegar and oil and season.