Salmon with snap peas, carrots, and red pepper–almond salsa
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
The secret’s in the sauce for this easy, gluten-free salmon dinner. It’s got California flavor by way of India, with mint-cilantro chutney and a bright salsa.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 ounce roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 1 organic lime
- Sun Basket mint-cilantro chutney base (EVOO - fresh mint - fresh garlic - fresh cilantro - fresh ginger - garam masala)
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas (see Market Watch note)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
Make It Leaner
Skip the oil in the salsa to slash 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. Use only half the chutney and you’ll save an additional 75 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. The next day, you can add a splash more lime juice or some cider vinegar to the remaining chutney and toss it with a green salad.
Because organic sugar snap or snow peas can be in short supply, you may receive organic green beans in your bag instead. If so, trim the stem ends from the green beans and cut the beans into 2-inch lengths. Follow the remaining instructions as written for the sugar snap peas.
Calories: 580, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 27g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.