In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with snap peas, carrots, and red pepper–almond salsa
Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
The secret’s in the sauce for this easy, gluten-free salmon dinner. It’s got California flavor by way of India, with mint-cilantro chutney and a bright salsa.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 ounce roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 1 organic lime
- Sun Basket mint-cilantro chutney base (EVOO - fresh mint - fresh garlic - fresh cilantro - fresh ginger - garam masala)
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas (see Market Watch note)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
Make It Leaner
Skip the oil in the salsa to slash 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. Use only half the chutney and you’ll save an additional 75 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. The next day, you can add a splash more lime juice or some cider vinegar to the remaining chutney and toss it with a green salad.
Because organic sugar snap or snow peas can be in short supply, you may receive organic green beans in your bag instead. If so, trim the stem ends from the green beans and cut the beans into 2-inch lengths. Follow the remaining instructions as written for the sugar snap peas.
Calories: 580, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 27g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the red pepper–almond salsa
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut the halves lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, the slices crosswise into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Juice the lime; set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice for the chutney.
Make the mint-cilantro chutney
Prep and cook the carrots and snap peas
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the salsa and the chutney.