In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with snap peas, carrots, and red pepper–almond salsa
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
The secret’s in the sauce for this easy, gluten-free salmon dinner. It’s got California flavor by way of India, with mint-cilantro chutney and a bright salsa.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 ounce roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 1 organic lime
- Sun Basket mint-cilantro chutney base (EVOO - fresh mint - fresh garlic - fresh cilantro - fresh ginger - garam masala)
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas (see Market Watch note)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
Calories: 580, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 27g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the red pepper–almond salsa
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut the halves lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, the slices crosswise into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Juice the lime; set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice for the chutney.
Make the mint-cilantro chutney
Prep and cook the carrots and snap peas
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the salsa and the chutney.