In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with pistachio-herb dressing and warm potato-leek salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Sure enough, salmon and pistachios are a match made in heaven. In this recipe, we slather rich Faroe Islands salmon with an herby pistachio dressing for a tangy, delightful contrast.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 organic leek
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- Sunbasket “creamy” mustard vinaigrette (whole grain mustard - onion - extra virgin olive oil - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pistachios
- 1 ounce caper berries
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Seafood options:
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - center-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
Nutrition per serving
Calories 640, Total Fat 44g (56% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Tree Nuts (pistachio)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the potato-leek salad
- Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into ½-inch lengths.
In a large sauce pot, add the potatoes and leek and enough generously salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes, adding the green beans during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Stir in half the “creamy” mustard vinaigrette, adding more if desired, and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the pistachio-herb dressing.
Make the pistachio-herb dressing
- Finely chop the pistachios.
- Remove the stems from the caper berries; coarsely chop the berries.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a small bowl, stir together the pistachios, caper berries, dill, parsley, and 2 to 4 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the seafood
For fish (salmon and snapper):
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish (skin side down for the snapper) and cook until lightly browned (and the snapper skin is crisp), 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque.
Transfer the seafood and potato-leek salad to individual plates. Top the seafood with the pistachio-herb dressing and serve any remaining mustard vinaigrette on the side.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Soak and skim the leek.
- Stir the potato-leek salad with the mustard vinaigrette.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the pistachio-herb dressing.