In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with ricotta polenta, spicy green harissa, and lemony zucchini
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
Who knew you could make soft, creamy polenta without butter or cream? Just do as our chefs do and stir in fresh ricotta for a light, velvety, and out-of-this-world texture.
In your bag
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ cup polenta
- ¼ cup fresh ricotta
- Sunbasket spicy green harissa (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika) [2 chiles]
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 780, Total Fat 49g (63% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 53g (19% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the lemony zucchini
In a medium sauce pot, bring 2 cups [4 cups] lightly salted water to a boil for the polenta.
- Thinly slice the zucchini crosswise into rounds.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] and set aside for the harissa sauce.
- Juice half the lemon; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
In a medium bowl, stir together the zucchini, thinly sliced onion, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the polenta
To the pot of boiling water, add the polenta in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Reduce to a simmer and cook, whisking occasionally, until the polenta is tender and the mixture is thick and creamy, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the ricotta, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm. While the polenta is cooking, assemble the harissa sauce and toast the pumpkin seeds.
Assemble the harissa sauce; toast the pumpkin seeds
- Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] harissa for the zucchini.
In a small bowl, stir together the finely chopped onion and remaining harissa; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a dry large frying pan over medium-high heat, toast the pumpkin seeds, stirring often, until lightly browned and starting to pop, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the pumpkin seeds, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 3 minutes.
While the fish is cooking, finish the zucchini.
Finish the zucchini
Remove the zucchini from the refrigerator and stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] harissa; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the lemony zucchini and polenta to individual plates and top the polenta with the fish. Spoon the harissa sauce over the entire dish, sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds, and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Measure the water for the polenta.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the zucchini, onion, and lemon juice.
- Garnish the dish with pumpkin seeds.