In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with roasted cherry tomatoes and avocado-cucumber salad
Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
A magical blend of Mediterranean and Indian spices turns this simple salmon dinner into a virtual flavor bazaar.
In your bag
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 or 3 shallots
- 1 lemon
- Tomato spice blend (coriander seeds - turmeric - cumin seeds - Urfa chile flakes)
- 2 skin-on wild Yukon River salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 28g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 17g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the tomatoes, shallots, and lemon
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Peel the shallots and cut in half lengthwise.
- Using a peeler, remove the peel from the lemon, being careful to remove only the outermost yellow layer and leave behind the bitter white pith. Coarsely chop the peel, if desired. Juice the lemon, keeping the peel and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the avocado-cucumber salad.
While the tomato mixture roasts, prepare the salmon.
Prep and cook the salmon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the salmon cooks, prepare the avocado-cucumber salad.
Make the avocado-cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the avocado in half; remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.