In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
SoCal salmon with late-spring vegetables and green tahini sauce
Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Nutritious salmon full of omega-3s for heart health teams up with seasonal veggies like asparagus, zucchini, and baby carrots for an effortless paleo and gluten-free meal.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic baby carrots
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 organic lemon
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sun Basket spinach-parsley blend (EVOO - spinach - parsley)
- Sun Basket lemon-tahini dressing (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Tahini, a paste made of ground sesame seeds, is a traditional ingredient in hummus. It also lends a buttery, nutty flavor to dips and sauces this one.
Calories: 730, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 56g (86% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 39g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub the carrots; cut the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
Cook the vegetables
While the vegetables cook, prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Juice the lemon.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the sauce.
Make the green tahini sauce
- Scrub the carrots.
- Snap off the ends from the asparagus.
- Juice the lemon.
- Make the green tahini sauce.
- Spread the sauce on plates.