In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salmon with balsamic strawberries and bulgur–sweet pea salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
In this easy, ingenious dinner, seared seafood and steamed bulgur are topped with a classic Italian combo of fresh strawberries macerated in tangy balsamic vinegar.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup bulgur wheat
- ½ cup organic peas
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
Calories 530, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 95mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 40g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Macerate the strawberries
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; coarsely chop the berries.
Cook the bulgur
While the bulgur cooks, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Macerate the strawberries.
- Measure the water for the bulgur.
- Time the bulgur.
- Top the fish with the strawberries.