Salmon with strawberry-balsamic glaze, bulgur salad, and snap peas
Dairy Free, Soy Free
20 – 30 Minutes
In this easy, ingenious dinner, seared salmon fillets and steamed bulgur are topped with a tangy-sweet pan glaze of balsamic and cooked fresh strawberries.
- 1 lemon
- ¾ cup bulgur wheat
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas
- Two 6-ounce skin-on wild Yukon River salmon fillets
- 6 ounces strawberries
- 2 scallions
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
Cook the bulgur
- Zest the lemon; juice half and cut half into wedges for garnish.
Prep and cook the sugar snap peas
- Cut the sugar snap peas in half crosswise on the diagonal.
Cook the salmon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Make the strawberry-balsamic glaze
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; coarsely chop enough strawberries to measure ½ cup. Save the remaining strawberries for another use.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and greens parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 690, Protein: 49g, Total Fat: 31g, Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 65mg, Carbohydrates: 61g, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 430mg
Contains: fish, wheat.