In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Salt-and-pepper tofu stir-fry with glass noodles
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Inspired by a dish at one of our favorite local Chinese restaurants, we created this plant-based stir-fry with tofu and chewy, gluten-free glass noodles.
In your bag
- 5 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Sun Basket salt-and-pepper blend (Celtic sea salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ⅓ cup shelled edamame
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket sweet stir-fry sauce base (coconut aminos - cashew butter - dried plums - molasses - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
If making this dish for four people, cook the tofu in two batches, adding more oil to the pan between batches if needed.
Calories: 740, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 920mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 103g (34% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the glass noodles
Prep and cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into 2-inch cubes.
- In a medium [large] bowl, stir together the cornstarch and salt-and-pepper blend. Dredge the tofu cubes in the cornstarch mixture, turning to coat all sides; shake off any excess.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the dish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sweet stir-fry sauce base and ¼ cup [½ cup] water.
- Pat the tofu dry.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture.
- Dredge the tofu.
- Stir the stir-fry sauce base and water.
- Garnish with the scallions.