Salt-and-pepper tofu stir-fry with glass noodles
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
20 – 35 Minutes
A staff outing to a favorite local Chinese banquet hall inspired our kitchen team to make this vegan stir-fry with organic Hodo tofu and chewy gluten-free glass noodles.
In your bag
- 5 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- ¾ pound Hodo firm tofu
- ¼ cup gluten-free cornstarch
- Salt-and-pepper blend (Celtic sea salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ¼ pound organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- ⅓ cup shelled edamame
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket sweet stir-fry sauce base (coconut aminos - cashew butter - dried plums - molasses - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
Glass noodles go by many names and guises. Wonderfully chewy, they make excellent gluten-free alternatives to wheat or rice noodles since they’re usually made with root vegetable or bean starch. While they have little flavor, they absorb what surrounds them. These noodles, made from sweet potatoes, soak up the sweet complexity of the sauce.
Calories: 750, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 1410mg (59% DV), Carbohydrates: 98g (33% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: (molasses): 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.