Salt-and-pepper tofu stir-fry with glass noodles
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
A staff outing to a favorite local Chinese banquet hall inspired our kitchen team to make this plant-based stir-fry with Hodo tofu and chewy gluten-free glass noodles.
In your bag
- 5 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Sun Basket salt-and-pepper blend (Celtic sea salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ⅓ cup shelled edamame
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket sweet stir-fry sauce base (coconut aminos - cashew butter - dried plums - molasses - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
If making this dish for four people, cook the tofu in two batches, adding more oil to the pan between batches if needed.
Glass noodles go by many names and guises. Wonderfully chewy, they make excellent gluten-free alternatives to wheat since they’re usually made with root vegetable or bean starch. While they have little flavor on their own, they absorb the flavors that surround them. These noodles, made from sweet potatoes, soak up the sweet complexity of the stir-fry sauce.
Calories: 750, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 1150mg (48% DV), Carbohydrates: 105g (35% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.