In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
San Francisco scramble with turkey, spinach, and mushrooms
Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
Bring the diner experience home with our customizable version of the San Francisco classic, Joe’s Special, featuring house-made steak sauce and your choice of meat. *Ding* “Order up!”
In your bag
- Your choice of ground meat
- Sunbasket steak sauce base (water - sherry vinegar - tomato paste - dried plums - coconut nectar - anchovy paste - kosher salt - onion powder - granulated garlic - porcini powder - black pepper - allspice)
- Sunbasket garlic-porcini seasoning blend (granulated garlic - porcini powder - sweet paprika)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 4 organic eggs
- ¼ pound organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 410, Total Fat 21g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 385mg (128% DV), Sodium 330mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 5g (20% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown your ground meat
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan [large sauce pot] over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your ground meat, steak sauce base, garlic-porcini seasoning blend, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the scramble
In the same pan used for your ground meat, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften and brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in your ground meat and any accumulated juices and cook until the meat is almost cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the eggs and spinach and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are just set but still moist, the spinach is wilted, and the meat is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the scramble to individual plates and serve.
- Measure the water for the ground meat mixture.
- Line a plate with paper towels
- Measure the onion.
- Season the eggs.
- Time the cooking.