In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Santa Fe spiced chicken breasts with warm tomato-frisée salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Our colorful spinach-parsley sauce and signature Santa Fe spice blend contribute big, bright flavor to this paleo, one-pan chicken dinner.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅓ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket Santa Fe spice blend (cumin - dried Mexican oregano - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket spinach-parsley blend (EVOO - spinach - parsley)
Calories 460, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 145mg (48% DV), Sodium 170mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 11g (4% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 1g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 56g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper. In a medium bowl, stir together the Santa Fe spice blend and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
While the chicken cooks, start the salad.
Prep and cook the tomato-frisée salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root end from the frisée; coarsely chop the leaves. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Transfer the tomatoes and garlic to the bowl with the frisée, add 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and toss to combine. Season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
- Stir the spice blend and oil.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon; measure the juice.
- Drizzle the spinach-parsley blend on the chicken.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.