In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausage-broccoli frittata with green salad and red pepper vinaigrette
Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
We return the humble frittata to its Italian roots, combining sausage, onion, and broccoli to create an easy one-pan meal that’s great for dinner or brunch.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories: 550, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 510mg (170% DV), Sodium: 990mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates: 15g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the frittata ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside half for the salad.
- Trim any coarse stems from the broccoli; coarsely chop the broccoli.
- Measure 1 cup [2 cups] spinach for the frittata; set aside the rest for the salad.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the sausage, vegetables, and frittata
Spread the ingredients evenly over the bottom of the pan. Pour the eggs on top. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook without stirring until the eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges. While the frittata is cooling, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the spinach.
- Assemble the salad.