In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausage-broccoli frittata with spinach salad and red pepper vinaigrette
Family-Friendly, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Breakfast for dinner, anyone? For this fast frittata, we throw in richly seasoned sausage, crisp-tender broccoli, and leafy spinach, then cook in the eggs until they’re fluffy and light.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories: 540, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 510mg (170% DV), Sodium: 970mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the frittata ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside half for the salad.
- Trim any coarse stems from the broccoli; coarsely chop the broccoli.
- Measure 1 cup [2 cups] spinach for the frittata; set aside the rest for the salad.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the sausage, vegetables, and frittata
In a medium [large] frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausage and half the onion and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until the sausage is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broccoli, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is cooked through and the broccoli starts to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in 1 cup [2 cups] spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Spread the ingredients evenly over the bottom of the pan. Pour the eggs on top. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook without stirring until the eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the frittata cool for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges. While the frittata is cooling, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
In a medium bowl, toss together the carrots, remaining onion and spinach, and as much red pepper vinaigrette as you like (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad and frittata wedges to individual plates and serve any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the spinach.
- Assemble the salad.