In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausage and pear salad with pumpkin seeds and warm sage vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Get a whiff of cozy fall flavors with warm Italian sausages, sweet pear, aromatic sage, and roasted pumpkin seeds tossed together in a glorious salad.
In your bag
- Sausage options:
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 fresh chicken sausages with roasted peppers and garlic (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh sage
- 1 head organic red leaf or other lettuce
- 1 organic Bosc or other pear
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 500, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 740mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan. While the sausages are cooking and resting, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- In a small bowl, cover the currants with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 4 to 5 minutes, then drain.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate.
- Strip the sage leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Core and thinly slice the pear.
Make the warm sage vinaigrette; assemble the salad
In the same pan used for the sausages, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the white parts of the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the sage and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat, stir in half the sherry vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, pear, green parts of the scallions, and warm sage vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more vinegar, if desired.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and top with the sausages. Sprinkle with the currants and pumpkin seeds and serve.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Strip the sage leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to bowls.
- Sprinkle the currants and pumpkin seeds.