Sausage and white bean cassoulet with arugula salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly
30 – 45 Minutes
Inspired by Paula Wolfert’s epic three-day recipe of the same name, this one-pan version comes together quickly for a rich, flavorful meal.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage (contains pork and spices)
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano - dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat panko
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ pound organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
The French word mirepoix, pronounced “meer-pwah,” first appeared in culinary writings in the early 1800s. It refers to the trio of onions, carrots, and celery that provides the foundation for countless recipes. Many cultures have a blend like it: Spanish sofrito combines onion, garlic, and tomato; the German Suppengrün blends leeks, carrots, and celery root; and the Cajun holy trinity mixes onion, celery, and green bell pepper.
Calories: 680, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 52g (80% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 16g (80% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 1380mg (58% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.