In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausage and white bean cassoulet with arugula salad
Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 380 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Paula Wolfert’s epic three-day recipe of the same name, this one-pan version comes together quickly for a rich, flavorful meal.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sun Basket cassoulet seasoning blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon panko
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
The French word mirepoix, pronounced “meer-pwah,” first appeared in culinary writings in the early 1800s. It refers to the trio of onions, carrots, and celery that provides the foundation for countless recipes. Many cultures have a blend like it: Spanish sofrito combines onion, garlic, and tomato; the German Suppengrün blends leeks, carrots, and celery root; and the Cajun holy trinity mixes onion, celery, and green bell pepper.
Calories: 380, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 660mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Brown the sausage
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the cassoulet
- Rinse the white beans.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the panko is lightly browned and the sausage is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
When the cassoulet is almost done, prepare the parsley and the arugula salad.
Prep the parsley; assemble the arugula salad
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the cassoulet.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the parsley.