In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausage–Brussels sprouts frittata with green salad and red pepper vinaigrette
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
We transform the humble frittata into a filling anytime-meal, blending Italian sausage with Brussels sprouts, shallots, and spinach.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (EVOO - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories: 580, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 510mg (170% DV), Sodium: 1100mg (46% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. Divide into two equal portions, one for the frittata and one for the salad.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts lengthwise.
- Measure 1 cup [2 cups] spinach for the frittata; set aside the rest for the salad.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the sausage and vegetables
Cook the frittata
While the frittata cools, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Measure the shallots.
- Measure the spinach.
- Assemble the salad.