In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sausage–Brussels sprouts frittata with salad and red pepper vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Eggs all day, we say. For a delicious meal morning, noon, or night, this fluffy frittata combines eggs with juicy Italian sausage, earthy Brussels sprouts, and tender spinach.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 6 eggs
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories 560, Total Fat 40g (51% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 510mg (170% DV), Sodium 1010mg (44% DV), Total Carb. 15g (5% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]. Divide into two equal portions, one for the frittata and one for the salad.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts lengthwise.
- Measure 1 cup [2 cups] spinach for the frittata; set aside the rest for the salad.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the sausage and vegetables
In a medium [large] frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausage and half the shallots and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until the sausage is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the Brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts start to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in 1 cup [2 cups] spinach and cook until just wilted and the sausage is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Cook the frittata
Spread the sausage and vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pan. Pour the eggs on top. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook without stirring until the eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges. While the frittata is cooling, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
In a medium bowl, toss together the carrots, remaining shallots and spinach, and as much red pepper vinaigrette as you like (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad and frittata wedges to individual plates and serve any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Measure the shallots.
- Measure the spinach.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to plates.