In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Simple sausage shakshuka with eggs, artichoke hearts, and kale
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Make this sausage-laden shakshuka in about 20 minutes. Studded with artichoke hearts and superfood kale, it’s easy, hearty, and delicious.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sunbasket warm spice blend (coriander - sweet paprika - cumin - Aleppo chile flakes - ground ginger)
- Sunbasket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ¼ pound organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 4 organic eggs
Calories 480, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 340mg (113% DV), Sodium 1060mg (46% DV), Total Carb. 32g (12% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sausage
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the sausage cooks, prepare the onion.
Prep the onion; cook the sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
While the sauce cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes; cook the eggs
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley and cilantro.