In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with braised kale, parsnips, and olive tapenade
Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
This one-pan paleo-friendly and gluten-free dinner builds in the flavor step by easy step.
In your bag
- ¼ cup cashews
- Sun Basket harissa spice blend (granulated garlic - harissa powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 or 3 organic parsnips (about 9 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Calories: 620, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 35mg (12% DV), Sodium: 840mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 52g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Toast the cashews
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
While the sausages cook, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Scrub or peel the parsnips and trim the ends; cut the parsnips in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the olive tapenade.
Make the olive tapenade
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Scrub the parsnips.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the olive tapenade.