In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages and vegetable skewers with two romescos
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Our two house-made romescos take this quintessential meat-and-veggies combo to the next level for an easy paleo and gluten-free meal.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Wooden skewers
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
- Sun Basket green romesco (mild green chiles - pumpkin seeds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - cilantro - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories: 590, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 1230mg (51% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables; assemble the skewers
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers into 2-inch pieces.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; keep any small mushrooms whole.
- Peel and cut the onion into 8 equal wedges, keeping the end of each wedge attached at the root.
In a large bowl, combine the sweet mini peppers, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, chili powder, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Using 6  wooden skewers, thread the vegetables onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients.
Cook the vegetable skewers
In the same pan used for the sausages, working in batches if needed, add the vegetable skewers and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until the vegetables are lightly browned and starting to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
Transfer the sausages and vegetable skewers to individual plates and serve with the romesco sauces.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers.
- Time the cooking.