Sautéed kale with chickpeas and tomato-olive relish
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Soy Free
Chef Justine turns a simple sauté of kale and chickpeas into a stand-out vegetarian main course with a salsa made from fresh cherry tomatoes, salty kalamata olives, and rich marcona almonds.
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1¼ cup chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ? cup marcona almonds
- 1 lemon
- Fresh dill
Saute the onion
- Peel the onion and cut it into this slices.
- De-rib the stems from the kale and rough chop the leaves.
- Slice the garlic.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
Cook the kale
Meanwhile, make the relish.
Make the olive and tomato relish
- Rinse the tomatoes and cut into quarters.
- Coarsely chop the olives and the almonds.
- Rinse, dry, and coarsely chop the dill.
- Zest the lemon. Juice half the lemon, and cut the remaining half into four wedges