In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Savory kale pascadous with green goddess dressing and beet salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Did someone say pancakes for dinner? Gluten-free, vegetarian, and stuffed with superfoods, this savory kale pascadous dinner is a surefire family favorite.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 10 ounces chopped kale
- 1 lemon
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 orange
- 1 avocado
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ⅓ cup Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- Sunbasket green goddess dressing (Greek yogurt - scallions - fresh parsley - apple cider vinegar - fresh garlic - salt)
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
Calories 510, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 245mg (82% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the kale
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Finely chop the kale.
Wipe out the pan.
While the kale cooks and cools, prepare the beet salad.
Make the beet salad
- Zest the lemon.
- Juice the lemon.
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid; cut the beets into quarters.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the fruit crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into bite-size pieces.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Coarsely chop the parsley leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Make the pascadou batter
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the pascadous
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir together the beet salad.