In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Savory sweet pea pancakes with lemon ricotta and blueberry slaw
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Trust us on this one: pancakes for dinner is your new favorite. Lemon ricotta and pure maple syrup top savory-sweet flapjacks paired with snappy blueberry slaw.
In your bag
- Sunbasket whole wheat pancake mix (whole wheat flour - baking powder - kosher salt)
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic celery rib
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap peas
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic blueberries
- ½ cup organic petite peas
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
Calories: 620, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 21g (105% DV), Cholesterol: 35mg (12% DV), Sodium: 890mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 23g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (coconut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the pancake batter
In a medium bowl, stir together the pancake mix, coconut milk, and at least half or up to all the maple syrup until just combined (save any remaining syrup for serving). Let stand while you prepare the slaw ingredients.
Prep the slaw ingredients
- Zest and juice the lemon. Set aside the zest for the ricotta topping. [Zest both lemons and juice 1 lemon. Save the remaining zested lemon for another use.]
- Trim the ends from the celery. Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Thinly slice the snap peas crosswise on the diagonal.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut the blueberries in half.
Cook the pancakes
- Stir the petite peas into the pancake batter.
In a large frying pan over medium-low heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or oil (from your pantry) until hot but not smoking. Working in batches so as to not crowd the pan, pour in the batter to form 4- to 5-inch-wide pancakes. Cook the pancakes, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm. Add more butter or oil between batches if needed. While the pancakes are cooking, prepare the ricotta topping and assemble the slaw.
Make the ricotta topping; finish the slaw
In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta and lemon zest; season lightly with salt and generously with pepper.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil. Add the celery, snap peas, scallions, and blueberries and stir to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pancakes to individual plates, add a dollop of the ricotta topping, and drizzle with any remaining maple syrup. Serve the blueberry slaw on the side.
- Stir the pancake batter.
- Juice the lemon.
- Time the pancakes.
- Stir the ricotta topping.
- Assemble the slaw.