In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Savory sweet pea pancakes with lemon ricotta and blueberry slaw
Vegetarian, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Trust us on this one: pancakes for dinner is your new favorite. Lemon ricotta and pure maple syrup top savory-sweet flapjacks paired with snappy blueberry slaw.
In your bag
- Sun Basket whole wheat pancake mix (whole wheat flour - baking powder - kosher salt)
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 lemon
- 1 celery rib
- ¼ pound sugar snap peas
- 3 scallions
- 6 ounces blueberries
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
If you’ve never flipped a pancake before, here’s a helpful visual trick: look for bubbles to appear and wait for the perimeter to form a distinct, slightly firm edge before making that first flip. Also, while working in batches, your pan can become too hot, so adjust the heat and cook time as needed.
Calories: 440, Protein: 11g (22% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: (maple syrup): 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the pancake batter
Prep the slaw ingredients
- Zest and juice the lemon. Set aside the zest for the ricotta topping. [Zest both lemons and juice 1 lemon. Save the remaining zested lemon for another use.]
- Trim the ends from the celery. Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Thinly slice the snap peas crosswise on the diagonal.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Measure half the blueberries and cut them in half; save the remaining blueberries for another use.
Cook the pancakes
- Stir the peas into the pancake batter.
While the pancakes cook, prepare the ricotta topping and assemble the slaw.
Make the ricotta topping; finish the slaw
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil. Add the celery, snap peas, scallions, and halved blueberries and stir to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir the pancake batter.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure half the blueberries.
- Stir the ricotta topping.
- Combine the slaw ingredients.