In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sazon-spiced shrimp in coconut sauce with jasmine rice
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Our house-made sazon seasoning and sofrito bring deep flavor to this classic Ecuadorian shrimp and coconut milk stew, served over rice for a comforting quick meal.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket sazon spice blend (achiote - granulated garlic - cumin - onion powder - ground turmeric - coriander)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket sofrito (fresh cilantro - roasted red peppers - tomatoes - onion - fresh garlic - fresh parsley - dried Mexican oregano)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 500, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 9g (14% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 320mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 63g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients; sear the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the sazon spice blend.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
Make the coconut sauce; finish the shrimp
- Rinse the rice.
- Juice the lime.
- Measure the water for the coconut sauce.
- Garnish with the scallions.