In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sazon-spiced shrimp in coconut sauce with jasmine rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Our house-made sazon seasoning and sofrito bring deep flavor to this classic Ecuadorian shrimp and coconut milk stew, served over rice for a comforting quick meal.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket sazon spice blend (achiote - granulated garlic - cumin - onion powder - ground turmeric - coriander)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket sofrito (fresh cilantro - roasted red peppers - tomatoes - onion - fresh garlic - fresh parsley - dried Mexican oregano)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Nutrition per serving
Calories 500, Total Fat 9g (12% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 215mg (72% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 63g (23% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients; sear the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the sazon spice blend.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
Make the coconut sauce; finish the shrimp
- Rinse the rice.
- Juice the lime.
- Measure the water for the coconut sauce.
- Garnish with the scallions.