In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seafood stew with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and coconut milk
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 340 Calories/Serving
Join us for a journey under the Tuscan sun! Inspired by the flavors of the Italian countryside, this lush pot of stew combines fresh seafood with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and thyme.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Seafood options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Calories 340, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 200mg (67% DV), Sodium 970mg (42% DV), Total Carb. 23g (8% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion and garlic
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
Start the stew
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic and garlic-herb blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the sun dried-tomatoes, coconut milk, and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the stew starts to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. While the stew is cooking, prepare the seafood.
Prep the seafood; finish the stew
For shrimp and jumbo shrimp:
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
When the stew starts to thicken, add the shrimp and cook until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes for jumbo shrimp. Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Cut the fish into 1-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
When the stew starts to thicken, add the fish and cook until firm and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the seafood stew to individual bowls, garnish with the sumac, and serve.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the water for the stew.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the sumac.