In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared boneless pork chops with chermoula butter
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
When it comes to nutritional content, few vegetables deliver the goods like sweet potatoes. They’re loaded with beta carotene, vitamin C, B6, fiber, potassium, copper, and iron. But especially when served with a mild, lean protein like these pork chops, mashed sweet potatoes can taste cloying if not kept in check. Chef Justine counters their sweetness with an herb-packed chermoula butter (inspired by the fragrant Moroccan sauce of the same name), and pan-seared, just-the-right-amount-of-bitter radicchio.
In your bag
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Chermoula spice blend (cumin - coriander)
- Two 6-ounce boneless pork chops
- 1 radicchio
Calories 530, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 420mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Protein 31g
Wash produce before use
Cook the sweet potatoes
- Cut the sweet potato into 4 pieces.
Make the chermoula butter
- If using, allow the butter to come to room temperature in a small bowl (substitute with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil for a dairy free version).
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro leaves and fine stems.
- Pick the leaves from the parsley and coarsely chop; discard the stems.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Cook the pork chops
- Season the pork chops generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
Cook the radicchio
- Cut the radicchio into 4 wedges and season generously with salt and pepper.
Mash the sweet potatoes