In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts with zhug and citrus salad
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Zhug might just be your new favorite condiment. Similar to a chimichurri, this sauce combines bright herbs and fragrant spices to elevate pan-cooked chicken to the next level.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket zhug spice blend (coriander - cumin - cardamom - cayenne - cloves)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic orange
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
Calories: 370, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 115mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the zhug
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the citrus salad.
Make the citrus salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the orange in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; cut the lettuce crosswise into 1-inch strips.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Time the chicken.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the salad.